Cranial Sacral Therapy is a gentle, non-invasive technique that allows for the therapist to access very subtle restrictions in the deep nervous system. Cranial Sacral Therapy assesses the flow of fluid from the cranium (head) to the sacrum (tailbone area).
Treatment involves addressing any dysfunction in the movement of fluid throughout the nervous system that may be causing physical pain or dysfunction in any part of the body.
for more information or to find a Cranial Sacral Therapist in another area, visit www.upledger.com.
Both Julie and Phil offer Cranial Sacral therapy treatments.
Somato Emotional Release or S.E.R consists of the liberation of stored emotions from the body. As living human beings we experience emotions on a daily basis, some deemed bigger or more important than others to our conscious awareness. Similarly, the body also responds to our emotional states in it’s own way regardless of how we think we should feel regarding that situation/emotion. It is now known that each and every cell in our body has memory capacity and therefore the ability to retain emotions. Over time, patterns of reaction emotionally in our physical body may start to cause other parts of our body to physically compensate or try to re-establish balance. This is very similar to the body’s physical response post trauma, but without being able to consciously remember what might have been the initial cause.
In treatment the body is given permission to reveal any emotional barrier that might be restricting you; always noting that the body only reveals what it is ready to, and only when it knows it is safe to do so. There is no concern of whether you were ready or left vulnerable, your body never does anything to put your physical, emotional or spiritual being at risk.
Both Julie and Phil offer S.E.R therapy treatments.
This is a cotton-based tape with medical grade adhesive. It has no latex and can be left on for 3-5days. It is water resistant and moves with your body. This elastic quality gives me the ability to affect the skin, circulatory/lymphatic systems, connective tissue, muscles and joints just by stretching the tape.
Kinesio Tape is excellent for reducing pain by alleviating pressure on the pain receptors. Other applications include reduction in swelling by increasing fluid movement, retraining muscle groups and manipulation of connective tissue. Postural taping is an extremely effective tool in the struggle against gravity, sitting at the computer.
Kinesio Tape essentially gives you the ability to retrain your nervous system while doing your daily activities, sports or work with more awareness.
Kinesiotaping is a treatment therapy that Phil Gorman offers.
Thai Yoga Massage was born centuries ago in the temples of Thailand. It is dynamic bodywork based on yoga, Ayurveda and martial arts. The practitioner guides the recipient through a series of yoga postures while palming and thumbing along the body’s energy lines and pressure points. The desired effect is relief of muscular tension, improved circulation and energetic balance.
Thai Yoga Massage is a treatment therapy that Phil Gorman offers.
Imagine your body is a gentle wave in the ocean...... Now imagine that wave collapses into a vibrant world of water slides and penguins on inner tubes! Matrix Energetics is a therapeutic modality in which the therapist blends quantum physics principles with imagination potential.
On the basis that most of us mainly utilize our left (thinking, logical) brain in our daily lives, we only allow for a limited amount of thoughts and realities to exist. Matrix Energetics incorporates the infinite potential realities that exist in our right brain (responsible for imagination and creativity). By accessing this potential within the body we are able to change our physical, emotional, energetic being to a different state of existence, possibly one that doesn’t suffer from cancer or a sore back. For more information visit www.matrixenergetics.com.
Both Julie and Phil offer Matrix Energetics treatments.
As we all learned from a young age, our body is dependant on our skeleton for structural stability. What you may not have learned is the importance of our organs in this system, not only for their function, but also for the impact they can have on that skeletal structure.
Each visceral body aka “organ” has it's own unique range of motion available to it within its specific body compartment. All organs have either tight or loose attachments to the skeleton. These maintain their positioning while also allowing for a specific movement. These connections from organ to skeleton make it possible for us to bend, stretch and perform all the activities we need to throughout our lives.
Following a trauma (physical or emotional) if the affected organ feels threatened/assaulted it can cause a chain reaction of tension throughout the body that is often unexplainable by modern Western Medicine. Our viscera is soft tissue and therefore insults to that tissue or tension within it cannot be found using modern diagnostic tests.
Both Julie and Phil offer Visceral Manipulation therapy treatments.
Visceral Manipulation is a gentle hands-on therapy that allows the organs to realize their lack of movement and potential range of motion. Releasing patterns of dis-ease possible related trauma.
Kids need treatment too. Just think, we were all kids, had injuries and our bodies often still remember the trauma of those injuries. From newborn babies that have trouble with sucking and latching, to falling out of a tree and breaking a collarbone. Kids are wonderful, fast healers, but bodies still need a framework for healing properly, especially while still in the midst of growing.
Children’s treatments are generally for a half hour, as they usually don’t need as much time to re-pattern and let go of old bodily restrictions like we do as adults. For acute injuries best to book an appointment as soon as possible after the trauma (no rules though if it’s been a while since injury the body will still work its magic when given the opportunity).
Some children have physical restrictions, and some emotional or energetic restrictions, it all depends on the child and what is most important for the body at the time of treatment. We believe that children are very wise and instinctive as to what they need, so using imagination and explanation of the body we educate and treat the body and mind together.
Both Julie and Phil offer Pediatric treatments.
Myofascial Release is a gentle, safe and effective approach to stretching the connective tissue of our body. This tissue is the fabric that holds the body together, and allows for communication between cells.
Myofascial Release is a treatment therapy that Phil Gorman offers.
My ultimate goal is to help men make better life choices and lead healthier lifestyles. This is difficult for most men because we have been conditioned not to feel, and to have a tough exterior. I wish to challenge your thoughts and change your mind with regards to what is “manly”. I want to share my experiences and empower you to find balance in all aspects of your life.
And make sure you check out www.thewellbalancedman.com.
I look forward to hearing your stories, Peace and Joy - Phil.
• (pain relieving benefits)
• powerful, natural, anti-inflammatory action
• activation of protein synthesis (RNA, DNA)
• activation of ATP synthesis (chemical energy of the cell produced by Mitochondria from Photons)
• stimulation of healing internally and externally
• promotion of tissue regeneration
• shortened wound and fracture healing period
• antispasmodic action of muscles and vessels
• immune modulator effect
• antihistaminic effect
• anti infection effect
• energetic effect
• sedative action
• anti-allergic and anti-edematous
• improvement of blood micro circulation
• increased tissue resistance to oxygen deprivation
• increased muscular efficiency
• shortened recovery period
• activation of neuro-reflex system
• stimulated function of central nervous system
• increased production of endorphins, providing anti-stress effect, pain relief and relaxation response
• bactericidal and bacteriostatic
• stimulation of enzyme synthesis
• enhancement of collagen synthesis
• increased granulation of wounds
• increases production of collagen and elastin
• increased production of osteoblasts and fibroblasts
• anti-edemic effect (helps remove excess fluid)
• stimulation of specific and non-specific immunity
• strong antioxidant effect
• normalization and activation of prostaglandin synthesis
• decrease in the lipid peroxidation rate
• non-invasive, drug free, pain free and surgery free therapy
What are Scalar Waves?
A Scalar Wave is a non-linear, non-Hertzian, standing wave capable of supporting significant effects including carrying information and inducing higher levels of cellular energy, which greatly enhances the performance and effectiveness of the body and immune system. Additionally it helps to clear negative cellular memory by shifting polarity, similar to erasing the memory of a cassette tape with a magnet. Scalar Waves travel faster than the speed of light and do not decay over time or distance.
What are the Key Benefits of Scalar Waves ?
• Eliminates and nullifies the effects of man-made frequencies in the human body (cell phones, computers, WiFi, microwaves, and other sources).
• Increases the energy level of every single cell in the body to the ideal 70-90 millivolt range.
• Improves immune function by as much as 149% as proven in laboratory studies.
• Cleanses the blood, improving triglyceride levels, as well as protein and fat particles floating in the blood.
• Improves cell wall permeability thus facilitating the intake of nutrients into each and every cell and the elimination of waste from each and every cell.
• Decreases the surface tension of substances such as food, water, and supplements, thus enhancing the body's ability to assimilate and hydrate.
• Inhibits the uptake of noradrenaline to support better mood.
• Balances the hemispheres of the brain as measured by EEG tests.
• Improves focus as demonstrated by increased amplitude of EEG frequencies.
• Catalyzes heightened states of awareness and creativity.
What do Scalar Waves Look Like?
Scalar waves are self-contained three-dimensional waves that spin on a fixed axis. Non-linear waves propagate throughout the body via the crystalline lattices of the elaborate collagen network.